SNL Energy provides in-depth company and asset-level coverage of the North American power industry. We combine diverse information sources into a cohesive, instantly accessible decision-support platform. Whether you are a strategic or financial analyst, SNL Energy’s flexible product gives you the ability to tailor information to your needs.
Integrated data, news and analytics.
Standardized briefing books combine financial and operational data, documents and news into a useful summary of companies and power plants. Our Excel Add-in provides immediate access to robust data and templated reports, including an extensive library of customizable Excel templates for power industry analysis and benchmarking. Our power sector coverage includes the following:
- Electric Utilities Operational Statistics (3,200+ IOU, Municipals, Public Authorities,
& Cooperatives EIA 861)
- Energy Holding Companies Financial Results (200+ SEC Filers)
- Regulated Energy and Utility Company Financials (1,100+ FERC Form 1, RUS 7 & 12 Filers)
- Market Prices (SNL Indexes, CME/NYMEX, 9 ISOs)
- Daily Assessments
- Day Ahead/Hour Ahead LMPs, Congestion, Losses, Loads
- Power Plant Financials and Operations (9,000+ Plants)
- 19,000+ Operating Units
- Project Development Tracking
- Power Projects (2,300+ Plants)
- Transmission Projects
- Environmental Control Projects
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- League Tables
- Asset-level Transactions (Power Plants)
- Company-level Transactions
- Supply and Demand Fundamental Statistics
- NERC and NERC Subregion Demand Forecasts (EIA 411)
- Planning Area Hourly Loads (FERC 714)
- Regional Historic and Future Power Plant Capacity
Get a comprehensive view of a company’s financial and operational data, critical documents and timely news. Information and data from various sources are combined into one location for powerful analysis of an organization.
- Quickly understand a company’s corporate structure.
- Evaluate a company’s financial and market position over multiple years or quarters.
- Detailed capital structure reports provide a complete view of a company’s long term obligations, capital costs and credit ratings.
- Asset lists inventory all operating and planned power plants as well as transmission and gas projects.
- One-stop location for source documents and investor presentations.