Bank and Thrift Financials
For more than 20 years, SNL has been recognized as the gold standard for banking data, news and insight. Clients ranging from de novo banks to super-regional institutions use SNL on a daily basis to make important strategic decisions. SNL's leadership in the sector comes not only from the quality and timeliness of our data, but from our interactive platform that makes the data so easy to use.
Coverage and clients
SNL's database includes detailed profiles on more than 20,000 U.S. financial institutions, including all publicly-traded banks and thrifts, privately held institutions and credit unions. SNL is the trusted information partner for the 50 largest commercial banks in the U.S. as well as hundreds of regional and community banks. 100% of the investment banks with any substantive financial institution industry practice are SNL subscribers.
The most comprehensive banking data is also the easiest to use.
Nobody drills down like SNL. And nobody makes drilling down easier. SNL's in-depth data, news and analytics are all cross-linked for rapid access and manipulation. Quickly make peer comparisons based on industry-specific benchmarks such as bank asset quality or capital. Access comprehensive company data related to corporate governance, institutional ownership and corporate subsidiaries. See snapshots of SEC filings and financial trends, M&A activity and market share. Stay up-to-date on company and industry information via our exclusive news articles, "Data Dispatches," CEO interviews and research. Use our Excel add-in to download almost 15,000 bank-related fields.
More timely data with guaranteed accuracy
SNL goes to the market faster with accurate data than any other provider. We publish SEC filings within 8 hours of release, regulatory data within 48 hours and FDIC Branch Deposit data within 72 hours. For the top 100 publicly-traded banks, we typically publish bank and thrift financials within 1 hour of the earnings release. You can have complete confidence in our data because we guarantee accuracy and pay cash rewards to any client finding an error.
- View GAAP and regulatory financial information, M&A history, capital offerings, deposit market share, officers and directors, compensation, news, transcripts, presentations, SEC filings, press releases and many other areas of interest
- Export information quickly to Excel or PDF. Create customized "company books" containing only the content you desire
SNL's Peer Analytics offers innovative default peer logic and powerful customization options, allowing you to perform the most complete analysis for any bank, thrift or credit union in the US. Within Peer Analytics you can:
- Create relevant peer comparisons using SNL's proprietary score & rank functionality
- Customize your peer reports by selecting fields such as ROAA, ROAE, Net Interest Margin, Tangible Common Equity/Tangible Assets or NPAs/Assets
- Add SNL indexes or custom aggregates for additional benchmarking
- Leverage your saved peer groups within the rest of SNL
SNL provides unlimited access to rate data on 50+ standard products, including mortgages, consumer loans, deposits and credit cards for banks across the U.S., including almost 100,000 branch locations.
Examples of reports that can be found for banks across the US are:
- Ranking Report: See where you stack up in the marketplace by ranking your institution against your competitors' rates for deposit and loan products.
- Scatter Chart: Get a panoramic view of your market by visualizing how your rates correspond to terms and tiers for other competitors in your market.
- Rate Specials: Monitor the special offers available from your competitors, with details on specials, relationship pricing, teaser rates and other promotional offers
- Branch Analytics is a dynamic web-based tool for analyzing bank markets. This powerful tool enables you to quickly perform in-depth market studies integrating bank branch and demographic data. Sophisticated maps are built into the tool, offering a visual representation of your analysis
- Deposit Market Share Analysis
- Market Overlap Analysis
- Transaction HHI Analysis
- Easily view branch footprints for single banks, pro forma companies and market competitors
- Custom branch mapping features:
- Proximity and market overlap analysis
- Satellite and bird's-eye views
- Market demographics
- Branch deposit concentration and deposit growth
- Detailed market demographics for City, Zip Code, County, Census Tract, MSA and State
- Over 100 available data points including population, income, unemployment, housing
- Number of businesses, sales and employees by business type
- Screen for deals in our comprehensive deal database, including branch, whole company and government-assisted deals
- Perform detailed deal analysis using data which includes deal terms, pricing ratios, buyer and target financials and relevant M&A documents.
- Model pro forma companies with the Merger Model, market share and transaction HHI analysis tools
- View quarterly adviser league table rankings and build your own custom league tables